The JDMS is inclined to contribute to the international research arena on themes helpful for the growth of knowledge that is helpful to society. The Authors are required to adhere to ethical norms in their works to upgrade quality research works in the subjects. The journal encourages the best articles for publication following publication ethics.
The JDMS is published by the CDES which is a non-profit research body functioning in the cause of higher education, research and training. It is the responsibility of the Publisher, Editors, Reviewers and Authors to maintain reliability, authenticity, integrity, quality and expected standards in publication. The general guidelines are given by the Government of India, ISSN, and the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) Guidelines on Good Publication Practice are followed by all as per the ethical guidelines and publication malpractice statement.
It is the duty of the Authors to follow acceptable writing standards, own data or published data with due permission from the Publisher/Author, original work, free from plagiarism, without concurrent publication of the same work, disclosure of financial or conflict of interest in case of funded works, proper care for the works relating to hazardous/human/animal subjects etc.
Publication Ethical Guidelines and Malpractice Statement
The CDES is the Publisher with the following responsibilities:
- Will provide complete support to the Editors/Editorial Board, Reviewers, Author/Authors etc.
- Will ensure autonomy in editorial decisions.
- Will make the Authors protect IPR and Copyrights matters.
- Will ensure fair peer-reviewing, confidentiality, transparency in publication, easy accessibility, and a time frame in publication.
- Will avoid unethical publishing, scientific misconduct and fraudulent publication of articles. In consultation with the Editors, will take measures to correct or reject or retract such articles or obtain errata after publication from the Authors wherever necessary.
- Will ensure achieving of the articles and it will be available to the users/Author/Authors either on their own or by partnering with such organisation subject to the prevailing policy, standards and methods.
The Editors adhere to the following responsibilities:
- The Editors tangibly and neutrally decide on the submitted manuscripts by the Author/Authors in terms of its academic merit and in consonance with the objectives and Guidelines of JDMS as given on this website.
- Will be balanced, fair, objective-oriented, no discrimination on grounds of gender, caste, creed, ethnicity, citizenship, religious, geographical etc. with the Author/Authors.
- Will supervise the double-blind review process and maintain the anonymity of reviewers.
- Will maintain the confidentiality of the manuscript and ensure that it is not used for his personal advantage or other uses thereafter.
- Will follow a scientific approach and ensure quality output of articles with responsibility and authority.
- Will ensure no conflict of interest while accepting or rejecting an article during editorial decision in terms of competitive or collaborative or other relationships or connections with the Author/Authors or organisations or institutions.
- Will take appropriate measures to correct or reject or retract such articles or errata after publication as obtained from the Authors.
- Will take steps in consultation with Chief Editor and Publisher on matters pertaining to any unethical or scientific misconduct or fraud or IPR and copyright issues that arise after publication if any.
- Chief Editor has the authority in the clearance of articles recommended for publication by the Editors which is free from errors or plagiarism or copyright or IPR and other issues, the validity of the work, usefulness to the readers and will ensure timely release of the journal, and will provide support to the Editors/Reviewers/Publisher.
The Reviewers responsibilities are given here:
- Will maintain confidentiality, be open, accurate, notice any conflict of interest, observation or argument from other similar published works, scientific evaluation and scholarly improvement of the manuscript, citation and content issues, the timeline in the evaluation and sending report to the Chief editor.
- The reviewers agree to anonymity while reviewing the articles of their chosen field of expertise, accepts the offer for performing the review process, and has every right to withdraw from reviewing.
- The reviewers will assist in the editorial decision, cooperate with them within the timeframe and will help the Authors in improving the article.
- The reviewers agree not to be competitive or collaborative or other relationships or connections with the Author/Authors or organisations or institutions and will make no personal criticism or observation or remarks against the Author/Authors.
- The reviewers will be fair, unbalanced, objective-oriented, no discrimination on grounds of gender, caste, creed, ethnicity, citizenship, religious, geographical etc. with the Author/Authors.
- It is the responsibility of reviewers who have accepted or declined the offer of reviewing not to use the accepted or rejected manuscript in the future for their own or his known circle or organisations or institutions of any nature and will be completely responsible for any issues arising out it.
The Author/Authors responsibilities are given below:
- JDMS appreciate and profusely thank the Authors for sending their manuscript for publication and also agree to follow the procedure of Publication as per the guidelines given on the website.
- The Authors ensure that they are submitting the manuscript which is original, free from any form of plagiarism, conflict of interest, and also subject to copyright, IPR and patent issues.
- The Authors must be careful while citing the literature or works of other Authors or published material with due permission if needed and follow accepted referencing standards. Such reviews should be accurate, comprehensive and helpful to other researchers to take lead from the link of the cited source work for their research work. Duplicating or copying or paraphrasing others’ works is not acceptable and it is also unethical.
- The Author/Authors agrees that if the manuscript relies on published or external sources of information and is not based on his/her own ideas then proper citation is mandatory. Such citation must be from the original work and if permission is needed from the original Author/Publisher the Author/Authors must fulfil it before citing the same. The Author/Authors may avoid too many citations for a particular concept in the manuscript. Self-citation be avoided in the manuscript. Unknown source or unpublished works may be avoided in the manuscript. If it is taken from a website then a complete URL should be given. Data references must carry complete details of the data source which is to be legibly provided to enable the reader to easily check its original source and it should be free from any payment or legal issues.
- The Authors are aware of the need for disclosure of financial or non-financial matters pertaining to their work in order to avoid issues in the future. They have to quote the grant details containing the name of the funding source, its number, year, permission for publication if required in the acknowledgement.
- The Author/Co-authors/corresponding author etc. should be neatly mentioned in the manuscript with due permission from them. All are authors of the article and agree to publication procedure as per the Guidelines. The Corresponding Author must ensure that he has approved the manuscript containing his names with his institutional affiliation, also accept the order of all Authors and comply with all publication procedures. It is the responsibility of the Corresponding Author to take points pertaining to copyright issues, patent, conflict of interest, authorship credit, acknowledgement etc.
- The Author will obtain permission from the sources of information used in the article if it originates out of correspondence, conversation or discussion, talk or speech by a third party. The conception, design and interpretation of their article should not be a replicate of the work of a third party or from any published material.
- The submitted manuscript must accompany a worksheet/formula, methods/procedure if any and may have to provide used data or methods in the process of reviewing and editorial decision. They will avoid inaccurate and controversial statements in the articles.
- The Authors agree to act upon fundamental errors that arise or discovered and also for any significant error or inaccuracy in the published work either before or after publication. It is the Author’s obligation to inform the same to the Chief Editor or Publisher and agrees to cooperate for retracting or correcting the paper with an erratum.
- The Authors to ensure accessibility to find data used in the article to other researchers for at least ten years after publication. The used data must confer confidentiality and comply with legal rights concerning proprietary. They must avoid using or quoting confidential data of any country’s involving its security and of national importance in the article.
- The Author should not submit the same manuscript for publication to some other publisher or organisation or institution. The Authors may go for secondary publication of other work which is different from the published one with due acknowledgement or permission wherever needed.
- The Author/Authors agrees that they must get consent from their own Institution, University, College, Government Departments, or authorities whoever sanctions it is mandatory for publication in JDMS. The consent form may be obtained from the Publisher and send the same to the Publisher for considering your article for publication.
- The manuscript must be free from unlawful or any kind of ethical violation. The Author ensures compliance of Laws, procedures or guidelines of the institution or organisation, permission from such committee if any while handling hazardous, human, animal subjects. For any study pertaining to humans, it is essential to obtain written permission or consent, and agree to maintain privacy.
- The Author must extend full support and cooperation in the publication procedure with the Editor/Publisher.
FEES AND CHARGES FOR PUBLICATION
1. No fees or charges were collected from the authors for publishing their articles in our Journal till 10 issues and also for the 11th issue which is due for January 2022. The Chief Editor has borne the entire costs so far from his personal funds. However, due to escalating costs incurred in the domain, hosting and achieving platforms, DOI, editorial and peer-reviewing, website maintenance, internet charges, and employee’s salary etc., the Publisher is forced to fix a minimum price for publication of articles in the JDMS. The publisher is aware that charging fees for the publication of articles from the Author is like shifting the burden on them and also contradicting from the very purpose of encouraging research, but has no option left and only request the Authors to bear with it and help the Publisher.
2. This is an Open Access journal and subscription of article method from the user is not contemplated, but article publication charges (APC) are considered as an option to meet the costs. The charges will be collected only at the time of publication and not before the release of the Journal in each quarter from the Authors. The proposed APCs are given below:
||Nature of Author
||APC in INR with GST*
||Waiver policy subject to Authors willingness to avail it
||Students of UG/PG/school level
||50% waiver on the production of a letter from the Guide/Teacher and Head of the Institution.
||Temporary and contract teachers, and non-stipendiary researchers
||INR 2000 waiver on the production of a letter from the Employer/Head of the Institution.
||INR 1000 waiver to those from Low-Income Countries as per the World Bank list.
*GST is subject to Government of India policy from time to time and now it is 18%.
3. The link for payment of APC as per the table given above will be sent to the Author on acceptance of the article and at the time of publication in each quarter. The fee once paid will not be returned after the publication is made in the Journal.
No advertising on the Journal page.
Marketing or sales promotion will not be adopted and decided to grow normally with the support of interested people.